Saturday, July 13, 2013

Packing List Prepared

Packing lists prepared and emailed to the team for the Three Sisters Backpacking Adventure (TSBA). We'll weigh our gear and split up the shared goods. Hopefully our packs will be less than 25 pounds each since this is a short trip and we're good at sharing. Speaking of weight, some people might recommend that you avoid weighing your pack as, if you have taken all possible precautions to avoid extra weight, there is nothing you can do about the weight, but I think it's a good exercise.
I realize as I'm typing this that I forgot to add lip ice -- with sunblock. We won't be sharing that. And, we're not so good at sharing food, so my next post should focus on the menu!

Notes on the packing list:
  • Rain Gear is non negotiable -- works for wind, rain and perhaps best of all, mosquitoes.
  • Down coat -- I don't travel without it, but there is no need to buy one for TSBA. Bring enough light weight layers and a beanie and you'll survive (I think).
  • Camp Shoes -- lightweight, full foot cover and can serve as water crossing shoes
  • Hiking Poles -- We have one set to loan, you can argue about who has to buy one...
Packing List

No comments:

Post a Comment