Thursday, July 25, 2013

The new pack - testing time

Mission: test the new pack, a Deuter ACT Lite 60+10 SL

Load: 20 lbs

The route: easiest possible 5.5-mile hike I could find, the C&O Canal Towpath between Noland's Ferry (complete with a sign declaring that Washington frequently used to cross there) and the Calico Rocks hiker/biker campsite


The gear.

The towpath.

The Potomac River.

The campsite.

The results: It took until mile 3 to dial in the pack adjustments (and then it felt GREAT) and until mile 5 to decide I should probably carry a supply of ibuprofen on this backpacking trip for my bum left upper back, which, as usual, acted up when subjected to any labor whatsoever.


2 comments:

  1. I thought that was a photo of Beth at first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited by this post! A pack, a load and a hike -- awesome. Worked on our route today -- will post soon.

    ReplyDelete